Tuesday, October 23, 2007

So here's the thing.

God doesn't want us to lie, right?

But what happens when telling the truth will hurt someone?

Everyone keeps asking me about X's plans - when is he arriving, what's his phone number, isn't he staying with you? I am finding it SO HARD to answer these questions. They all expect me to know his schedule backwards and usually I would, but not any more.

So I'm doing a lot of creative 'talking around' the issue. I can't come out and say, "Oh, he's not speaking to me anymore," because the immediate next question is 'why?' And of course I can't answer that. But people will gossip and speculate, and that will be hurtful to X. I know he doesn't want people speculating about his personal life.

And the only way to stop them wondering is to talk creatively around the truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home