Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The Calm before the storm

I've never been this organised for a trip. I have a folder that's an inch thick full of printed out bookings, maps, tour details. On top of that is everything for 'Operation Retrieve my stuff from the storage shed' - a huge undertaking in its own right!

Yet because I've been split between Rocky and Brisbane, and because there are always a million things going on, I was ready in advance. It's been busy, but not frantic, and I fly tonight and there's not much to do (except pack but as we all know, I'm only taking minimal items).

I'm so glad that I was prepared in advance because there have been a few unexpected nasty things crop up in the last couple of days:
- My Rocky housemate resigning (so now I'm stuck with an empty, expensive house on my own!)
- JR not being able to find a company to pack his boxes, so now that's my job in the UK too
- My waitlisted flight came through at the last minute, meaning a quick re-shuffle of the itinerary!
- Trying to co-ordinate with Xtina, whom is only in Bris for a short time and I haven't seen her in a year!

And if I'm lucky, I'll find time to get my hair done.

I am almost looking forward to the plane tonight - all of the dramas will be over and since I have such a well-scheduled, organised holiday, I don't have to do anything but enjoy it. :D

2 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally have internet again - I miss talking to you and look forward to hearing about how everything worked out trip- and relationshipwise... - hope you're having a blast in the UK, if not - I now have a place for guests to sleep which is not covered with boxes... You're welcome anytime,
Doro

 
At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

curry curry curry curry curry !!!!!!!!! bath ymca !!!!!!!!! walking and walking!!!!!! dr who dr who dr who !!!!!! student rates !!!! he he he he he
and seeing john barrowman touchwood !!!!!! good days and advertures lv me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home