Monday, May 28, 2007

Left behind

God seems to be 'removing' friends from my life lately. People are focussing on their new relationships, or they've entered a new 'life stage' that I'm not in, and no matter how much I might want it, I can't be part of (e.g. the newly engaged, the young marrieds, the new parents).
I'm so tired of being left behind. Every few years it's the same: meet fabulous new people and then suddenly once they find their 'one true love' I'm out of the picture and have to start all over again.


Of course, merely by posting this, I'm sounding bitter and grumpy, and it's true, I am a lot grumpier these days. I don't want to be but I think it's a side-effect of everything else (ongoing pain, life upheaval, rejection). I'm used to being Sunshine!Nic not Grumpy!Nic but it's the latter one that keeps rearing her head.

One would hope that some true friends would come to my aid to cheer me up but of course the best ones are overseas. :( Or they've ditched me already. :p

In other, happier news, Pirates! It was a very cool movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home