Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Late night calls

I have a couple of male friends who randomly call me late at night.

And it got me thinking. Am I just a 'late night comfort call'? If I were married, they certainly wouldn't be calling me. If they had girlfriends, they'd call them. So what does that make me? The 'backup girlfriend who is on call when I need her'? Should I be upset by this behaviour? Maybe I should just stop answering.

I'm really questioning male/female friendships lately. They do fulfil an emotional need - and by the very filling of that need, it keeps you further from marriage. After all, how can a potential spouse move into a space that's already taken up?

Of course, I then look at my life, and most of my closest friends are guys. Oops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home