Thursday, October 04, 2007

Learning stuff

My brain craves new knowledge lately. I think this 'thirst' was quenched with the endless travel the last 2 years, or perhaps that's what woke it up. I was constantly going to new places and learning SO MUCH when I visited the city/country. I would see the cultural artefacts, go to the local museum, eat the local food, wander through supermarkets and buy stuff I couldn't even read the names of (which led to some very interesting 'food experiences).

So I've taken to reading Wikipedia during my lunch hour. I start from the main page, click on the link that looks most interesting (they have a daily featured article and a list of events on this day in history), and from there, jump from link to link. Today I learned about lucid dreaming, "exploding head" syndrome, spontaneous human combustion, the Marshall Islands, Polynesian dialects, and a couple Van Gogh paintings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home