Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Adventures in Cooking

There's nothing more disappointing than actually putting effort into cooking... only to have it turn out absolutely disgusting.

Last night I had 'bits and pieces' that needed using up. I cooked meat (always gross). Then I chopped and fried an onion. You wouldn't think I could go wrong with this. After that, it was stir-fry vegetables (okay, a packet mix) but I threw in the onion myself. Then I added what I thought was Thai sauce but was actually more just flavoured water (it reeked of garlic).

End result? The meat was cold and congealed by the time the vegetables were done, and the vegetables were soggy with a HINT of ginger rather than the yummy stir-fry sauce I had anticipated. i.e. the whole thing tasted green, like celery and green mush.

But having invested so much effort in it, I HAD to eat it.

I should've stuck with frozen dinners. Much quicker and tastier!

1 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never never never stick to frozen dinners! Not healthy and in the end not really tastier. Wish I could help, but I guess I'm too far away. I've given up completley on ready meals. Never give up on cooking, it's worth it! Doro

 

Post a Comment

<< Home