Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Starchaser

As always, I had an awesome weekend. Even with the crippling jet-lag (I was falling asleep ALL the time... I suspect the exhaustion was flu-related as well).

Saturday I volunteered with Starchaser, a small company that builds rockets and is paving the way for Space Tourism. I met the COOLEST PEOPLE, people who think 'crazy space things' just like me. It was awesome. As most of you know, getting into space is my life-long dream and I can finally see evidence of that starting to happen. More than that, I can be involved. They're doing a test rocket launch in August and I plan to be there. :)

Sunday morning I was a bit home-sick. I called a couple of people in Aus but there was really nothing to say (after all, I'd just been there!) Despite feeling exhausted I dragged myself to church, then the picnic with my friends, and then on to 'The Event' (kind of like a Hillsong rally) in Sheffield. The entire day was awesome, and that was because of my friends. I had one of thotse 'life changing' conversations with Justin & Justin on the way home. Such beautiful guys, those two.

And this is the important part. After the all of the emotion during my visit to Australia, I felt like I got back to 'me'. That single & confident girl who can do a thousand things on her own. So very independent.

This messes with my head.

In Brisbane my life is intertwined with people. I become less of an entity and more of a 'part of the group'. Less confident. Less audacious. Softer. Quieter. Less willing to speak my mind. This is not a good thing, people. I wanted to have those 'awesome conversations' with my friends in Brisvegas too but because I became old-Nic, I didn't know how to.

How do I fix this?!

Or am I thinking about it too much?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home