Thursday, May 25, 2006

The forgotten people?

Sometimes we, the ex-pats, feel forgotten. We send countless emails, make phone calls, send birthday cards to the people that we thought were our best friends, but the contact is not returned.

It's sad.

Perhaps those we left behind think that we're far too busy having a fantastic adventure to even think of them. I want to tell you all it's not true. We miss home, intensely at times, especially when we look around and there's no one with whom we have a truly intimate friendship with. (Because friendship takes work, a minimum of 6 months. And if I'm having a crisis which links directly to an experience from 3 years ago, who here would understand that?)

We love getting even 2 line emails.

We love hearing news from home.

And we love telling you our news too.

I know we left YOU and it was selfish on our parts. We hope that you can forgive us for that and understand that even though we've gone out seeking our own lives, we didn't do this lightly.

My friends, I miss you.

2 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, send me plane ticket, i am unemployed now!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger boarderbob said...

Can I copy what you wrote and put it on my blog?!?! :) My thoughts exactly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home