Friday, April 28, 2006

Skate!

On Saturday, it was actually sunny in Manchester. And I was actually IN Manchester. And I wasn't at work. All 3 of those are rare occurrences so when they co-incide you know it's a pretty special day.

So I decided to go rollerblading. And realised just HOW MUCH I've missed it. With the music, and the motion, it's like dancing. Okay, I DID dance as I skated through lovely safe* suburbs such as Hulme and Moss Side. I only met 2 gangs this time and only 1 kid chased me.

The cool thing is, I don't care when people stare at me when I'm skating. "Weird blonde chick dancing on rollerblades?" I'm in the moment and it's FUN. I even threw in some cartwheels. :)

Back in the Brisbane days I used to skate every night. I miss that: it was my way to chill down after the day and watch the stars for a while. I saw so many meteorites and made so many wishes (and some came true but most of them didn't, as evidenced by my lack-of-being-married-to-certain-boy) (And looking back, that's a good thing.) I breathed and I danced.

Rollerblading. Good for the soul.

*safe = not very.

3 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger ellie said...

Awww, see rollerblading just always hurt my back...I'm glad it's more therapeutic for you :) Love reading your blog, Nic :) Write more! :D

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger noodles said...

rollerblading? in Manchester? where??? Let's go together!

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Nic said...

The bike path down near Platt Fields park is pretty good. Otherwise I just skate through the streets. ;) Next time I go, I'll grab you on the way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home