Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Peaches and grapes and strawberries

I love eating fruit - it's the ultimate healthy snack. But almost every time I buy fruit from a UK supermarket, I end up disappointed. Not that it's rotten, or looks bad, or anything like that... it just has NO TASTE.

Today I'm eating green grapes. They look so sweet and juicy. They taste like nothing. Same thing happened with the strawberries last week, the red grapes the week before and I've given up buying peaches or nectarines because it's like eating cardboard.

"Of course you can get fruit in England!" people say. But it's not exactly a culture of fruit-eaters. I understand why.

2 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Blogger ellie said...

the world is your universe...so true...the girl who wants to go the moon is conquering the earth first :) SO glad you have a blog! hooray! one for ellie to add to her list of favourites :) have a ball in the big apple...on BROADWAY especially!!! love ellie

 
At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool you have a blog - one more thing to do other than studying. And as a fellow sufferer from tasteless fruit in England I have only one hope for you: wait until they're in season - that is: in England - doesn't give you that much of a choice but assures at least a bit of taste... ;-) Love, Dorothea

 

Post a Comment

<< Home