Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The blonde-hair effect

Today was a Good Hair Day. How do I know? I was walking down the road (to the doctor to get vaccinations for the upcoming Tunisia trip - ouch!) and a car screeches to a stop next to me.


2 guys asked for directions, then asked for my phone number. I said no, also refusing the lift to my destination, but one of them gave me his phone number 'just in case'.


It's what I call the blonde-hair effect. This kind of thing never happened to me as a brunette, but as a blonde, it's, well, fairly common. I admire these men for making the effort and I feel a bit guilty that I generally turn them down. Perhaps I should open my mind a little more?

5 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No you should definitely keep your mind CLOSED! It can also be known as the 'long-hair effect'... I've noticed that guys pay you a lot of attention when you're 'girly'... their definition = long/ blonde hair/ both...EARGH! It's enough to make you wanna dye your hair black and cut it off to see who notices you for your smile and ideas...

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Nic said...

You're right that it's the 'long-hair effect' too. Problem is, I LIKE being girly!

And thanks for reminding me that it's not worth my while. The only place I'm going to meet boyfriend-material is in a church. Which of course narrows the pool considerably! ;)

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Nic said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Nic said...

Sorry to delete comments, guys, but this is my journal and I want it to be nice. ;)

 
At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you just have more confidence and you think its the blond hair!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home