Monday, June 05, 2006

Everything I Always Wanted to Do

That's what my life in the UK is: Dream Fulfillment. One could argue it's a selfish way of living, the other part of me sees the UK as the most amazing opportunity I've been given and I'm going to squeeze every moment out of it.

This weekend was my weekend 'off' from travelling.

I spent Saturday at the 'Fabulous' conference (http://www.fabulousconference.com) - which was truly incredible. An amazing demonstration of the Power of God and it reminded me that there is so much we don't know. The church I grew up in wasn't much for 'supernatural demonstrations' but the things I saw on Saturday show there is a whole other stream out there. It's difficult to explain in words: it's one of those things that you have to be there to see and feel.

I am a scientist but I believe in the supernatural and part of the fun in life is getting those two to work together. (In my head, that is. ) I know I'll never understand it all.

Sunday I got up early and headed out to Blackpool (yet again). It's not the nicest of places but it has an amazing amusement park. Donna & her family & I spent most of the day riding rollercoasters by the beach and they were AWESOME!!! The best rollercoasters I've ever been on! My neck hurts a lot today though.....

At the end of the day, we saw Bon Jovi live in concert. At age 14 I was completely in love with Jon Bon Jovi and would have given almost anything to see him live. Now I have. And for a moment, I reverted to my 14 year old self and squealed, 'He's so cute!'

Awesome concert, though. 60 000 people. Donna & I were deaf for hours afterwards. Too much fun. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home