Friday, July 14, 2006

Yoho!

So I was a 'teensy' bit excited about the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Let's be honest here, I've had a love affair with pirates ever since The Secret of Monkey Island and its sequels; incredible adventure games that used up a lot of my free teenage hours. There was just something so magical about the quest to become a pirate, sailing between mystical islands, romance, danger, intrigue... and some of the funniest lines you'll ever hear. Elaine remains one of my heros and I was always a little in love with Guybrush Threepwood.

Flash forward to 2003 and hey! It's a Pirate movie! I knew I was going to love it even BEFORE the world discovered how good it was. With characters like Captain Jack and the delicious Orlando Bloom, not to mention the fiery Elizabeth, it was like STAR WARS for a new generation.
Which is why my friends and I had to celebrate the new film. Yes, there were costumes. Yes, there was a party. And then there was the movie itself. SO MUCH FUN! Especially when you're catching the tram through Manchester and people keep trying to figure out just why you and your band of friends are wearing eyepatches and carrying (plastic) cutlasses....

If anyone's hesitating about seeing 'Pirates', don't. It made me laugh and it's rare that a film does that for me. Yes, it was a bit dark in places, but how awesome to see a movie that's an adventure! With sparkling characters and humour! And the sea....

(It's no secret that I love the ocean.)

But that's a story for another time.

1 Comments:

At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yoho and a bottle of rum !!!!!!!! and abit of coke !!! hehehe !!
i want to snog jonny depp he is fit !!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home