Friday, July 14, 2006

The Giant's Causeway

Dear everyone I know:

If I am ever proposed to, it has to happen at Fingal Head, northern NSW. It's Australia's version of the Giant's Causeway and it's just BEAUTIFUL. So, my dear friends who are reading this, remember this so you can tell the guy in question when he someday needs to know.

I love headlands. I love the ocean. Black rocks and crashing waves and the blue so deep it's almost black. When you stand upon the cliff edge and feel the roar of the icy wind. I spent hours hiking around Northern Ireland last weekend, from the sea to the glens (such beautiful forests with waterfalls!) and back to the cliffs again. It's one of the most beautiful countries I've seen in a while.

I had intended to spend some time in Belfast but it just couldn't compete with the headlands, beaches and ruined castles of the northern coast. Nature. REAL STUFF. Real air. It lets me breathe.

Manchester is killing me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home