Thursday, March 13, 2008

Canada Countdown

I'm in serious planning mode for Canada. 7 months to go. And, oh, what a difference it makes to my outlook! I'm so excited, I have something major to look forward to. :D Now I don't care that I can't afford weekends away (due to the mortgage and horrific rate rises...), because I no longer feel trapped.

I'm going on an adventure. :) :) :) I'm going to become a kick-ass skiier. Maybe I'll even try snowboarding. My goal for the end of the season will be to do at least one aeriel trick off a ski jump. I wonder if I'll get good enough to do an in-air somersault?

(Before people start telling me that it takes years to learn these things, keep in mind that I have extraordinarily good balance, am a great roller-blader, used to do aerial tricks on the trampoline, and picked up horse riding (including jumping) very easily.)

So many exciting decisions lie before me. Which resorts should I apply to? Should I travel before, or after? Will I stay on in Canada and look for a professional job afterwards? Should I buy my own skis or rent? Will I meet fabulous Canadian men or will I stay solo? ;)

I can't wait to meet all the new people. :) Experience a totally different LIFE. Be poor for a while (that won't be so good but what's more important, paying off my mortgage, or enjoying my youth while I still have it?!)

I feel like ME again. And it's good.

This all depends, of course, on landing a job in a ski-resort but I'm speaking to an organisation that arranges interviews IN AUS before you go. I'm very hopeful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home