Friday, November 16, 2007

I really can't cook

I really think I deserve an award for 'most disgusting meals ever'. Last night, I had a whole bunch of vegetables in my fridge. Okay, it was raw coleslaw mix (cabbage, corn, carrots, celery and lettuce), sprouts, and spinach leaves, but throw those together and they'll make a reasonable stir-fry, right?

Then I decided I was in the mood for red curry. Red curry stir-fry (made from coleslaw vegetables). Well, in my head, it sounded okay.

So I went out and bought curry paste and coconut milk. I ignored the instructions on the side of the pack that suggested chicken strips and rice... I was improvising!

The curry itself kept overboiling. I fried up some beef schnitzel to add protein to the mix, then ripped it into small pieces and threw it in the curry. I sizzled the vegetables until they were soggy. Then I tipped the entire mix of curry over the vegetables and let it simmer for a while.

IT TASTED SO HORRIBLE. SERIOUSLY, THERE ARE NO WORDS FOR HOW BAD IT WAS.

But I still forced myself to eat it because after an hour's worth of preparation, I'm certainly not throwing it out!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home